About This Project
This project for the HSE in University Hospital, Galway was completed in November 2019.
The project consisted of the following:
- Erecting a fire rated partition within an existing patient waiting area.
- Forming an opening in a live corridor wall to create a doorway to a new office.
- Installation of new electrical services to the new office area.
- Alterations to existing electrical systems.
- Alterations to the existing fire alarm system with additional smoke heads installed to new office area.
- Alterations to the existing heating system with radiators relocated from corridor to new office area.
- Carpentry including new door, skirtings & architraves and pipe boxing.
- Fire stopping to penetrations through new partition.
- Painting & decoration.
- Alterations to suspended ceilings.
- Patching of vinyl flooring.
All works were carried out in a live hospital environment, with special dust screens/enclosures set-up to contain any dust. Works took place in evenings to eliminate any disruption to the normal running of these live patient areas.